Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Revolution of the Forks


I actually don't know why I did this painting; I didn't really want to do it. It stemmed from my art teacher telling me to do sketches of something at different angles and I impulsively yelled, "FORKS!"
So that was that. I randomly decided to make the background a desert, and I just sort of went with the flow from there...
I find art extremely funny. When you look at a piece of art, it seems really hard to draw and you're convinced that you'll never be able to draw something like that (at least to me), but then once you get started, you find out it's really not THAT hard. I was really apprehensive about this piece at first because it was only my second time using oil paints, and also because I don't particularly enjoy sketching stuff (forks are really hard to sketch, by the way - I spent HOURS doing drafts). I planned for it to have a Renaissance feel, but it turned out to be a bit...Salvador Dali maybe??




1 comment: