Friday, December 21, 2012

Back again (for real this time I swear)

SO I realize that I haven't posted for a long time, enough to demolish my proclamations of dedications to this blog, but the reason is because I had been faced with a bit of a dilemma. As more and more IRL people know about my blog, I grew more and more reluctant to post what I want to post here. For some reason, even though I'm perfectly honest about who I am to those people, having them read my blog (which is as stark naked as I will ever get in front of the world) is just so uncomfortably intimate. But then what is the point of a personal blog if you're not going to post as the true you? I mean, we already put on a mask (or at least a full face of makeup) in day-to-day life, and having a blog just to extend this facade to the internet just seems unnecessary.
So it was basically a quandary on what to post that stopped me from writing anything at all.

As you can see, I decided to continue my blog, because what if I grow old and live in denial and need to revisit my youth, and then discover that after the 37th blog post, I have NO MORE BLOG POSTS to jog my memory?
...and also because I love blogging
...and also because I need a method to procrastinate
But less so the third reason. ;)


Anyway in terms of art, it really sucks because work has been piling on and I've quit momentarily stopped outside-school art lessons (who am I kidding ). I miss casual art so much, when it's just about making something as pretty as you can, and when it's self-driven, instead of school art, when so much of it becomes grade-driven. Not to say I've stopped doing art. In fact I find myself staying up till 3 to finish a sketchbook for school art more and more often -___- I also started making more clothes, because I figured if I don't start doing what I love doing now, despite all the other obligations of life, then I might as well give up on it. I mean, life's not going to let up anytime soon...:)


So yeah I've missed this! Back again :)





1 comment:

  1. No worries, you're certainly not alone. I too find myself having little time to draw and create what I love in my freetime. It can be a rough patch, but I want to encourage you to hang in there. Oh, and to commend you on your art pieces. I especially enjoyed the pod of peas drawing. ^.^ very adorable, and good sense of value

    ReplyDelete