Sunday, September 30, 2012

Not a poem (really)

Everyone is so lonely
And even though they all say Alone is not Lonely,
In the dim windy indoor dusks
When I sit at home trying to work
And watch the darkening skies outside
And feel the must settle in the soundless silence
And listen to faint music
(it's the artist's way of life, you see),
I am always confronted by the reality
that life is a journey we undertake alone
And somehow
In the summer dusks, the autumn siestas -
those silent interludes
I feel the weight of lonesomeness
that I'm sure everyone has.

Always bursts of melancholy tucked carelessly between
the happiness
and
the light

driven away by the rhythm of life,
but always comes back
during
the night

let the emptiness be a passing phase
some teenage angst
to be remembered later, fondly, as a part
of those bygone halcyon days


so long has gone by between this post and the last, but today i felt the inexplicable urge to post... I also read about the Californian farmers who were going to lose their cows and farms because of the lowering of milk prices and simultaneous raising of cow feed prices. The reporter wrote that 2 old men - in their 60's - broke down and started sobbing in the courtroom: "Recently, I had two men over 60 years old who broke down and sobbed in court," Walter said. "You would be surprised how much these men care about their cows." I got so angry at the injustices in this world. I don't know what's happening to me, but maybe cows and old farmers just have a special place in my heart :)



link: http://news.yahoo.com/calif-dairies-going-broke-due-feed-milk-prices-163004062--finance.html

1 comment:

  1. Heeyy, haven't seen you post in a while! :D Great poem! You should write more :)

    Check out my new post: http://pinkteamslocker.blogspot.com/2012/10/national-pro-life-day-lets-discuss.html

    ~Chels

    ReplyDelete