Thursday, February 10, 2011

Retro. Rants. Randomness.

I have a very bad habit of taking normal pictures, giving them a few effects, and passing them along as extremely artistic masterpieces. However, I will indulge you in these crappy extremely well thought-out creations, partly because I feel guilty for not posting in a while (don't blame me...I didn't have art to post coz art class starts again in March and I left all my half-done pieces there :O) and mainly because I feel the pressing urgency to share with you poor people my obsession with Retro-ness.

I firmly believe that giving a photo a Sepia tone will somehow automatically make the photo "retro." An alleyway, a flower, any random thing is - of course - a GREAT object for a retro photo that will stir the deep depths of the soul and tug at the heatstrings. Just because of the retro-ness. Right? Right? 

Because, to me, artsy photography constitutes of snapping a pic of - anything, really - and then giving it some effects, I do therefore (sometimes) feel undeserving of calling that picture a proper "photo." It's almost like I feel like I'm not trying hard enough...and then I berate myself for thinking that way. I mean, you're supposed to ENJOY photography, right? Not WORK for it.

Ah, I don't know. I mean, I DO know that I'm rambling now. So I'll stop. Because I am just that considerate.
What do you think? Anyway I will stop talking now and just get on with it...;) Be prepared to be astounded in my great awesomeness. (read: patheticness)



 Okay, this is the most pathetic one ever. But I like it. I looove it. Coz I am a GOOD MOTHER and I LIKE MY CREATIONS. Anyway it's supposed to be a girl amid the clouds.

 This one looks slightly more pro. It's...uh...an alleyway somewhere. (that takes all the pro-ness away, doesn't it?) It's a bit reminiscent and it's really bright, unlike the normal retro alley pics, which is why I like it.

 Suitcase of Memories. A girl (me XD) is sitting on suitcases. Supposed to be reminiscent. Again. It's like, revisiting your memories and your journeys.

 Best Owner Ever. Yeah, that's the title. Coz I'm the only owner in the world who would tie a stuffed monkey on my cat's back.
What? It amuses me. 

 Tension. The cat is waiting, just waiting, to pounce on the stuffed monkey after she managed to wrench it off her back (despite my many attempts to put it back on). Unfortunately, she is a lazy cat and she didn't end up pouncing or chasing at all. She just sat there and waited. And waited. And went back to her basket to take a lil nap.

That's it for now...that's my cat saying bye with her flexed paw and the matte effect and the retouch on the sides and the boost effect and the - *dies from being out of breath*
Cya! Whatdya think?

2 comments:

  1. i think the alleyway one's really really good. like really really good. i think if you kinda made the light not so bright, it would be better if you changed the exposure a bit it would be a lot better. how did you do the cloud thing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love that cat :)))
    never knew u are into photography too!! :D

    ReplyDelete